Sunday, April 7, 2019
Memorial Beach (Webster Lake)
Webster, MA 01570
(Banner photo by: Ten Mangoes Photography)
Saturday, April 27, 2019
Bartlett High School Gymnasium
52 Lake Parkway
Webster, MA 01570
This event is FREE to the public. All visitors are eligible to win great door prizes!
Conventional and Holistic Vendors & Local Businesses Featured.
Discover what your community has to offer for good health & better living!
We are also hosting an American Red Cross Blood Drive at this event.
* Free screenings * Demos * Samples * Raffle prizes & more!
Life-Skills, Inc. is currently seeking new board members for our organization who are strongly committed to our mission and vision. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can bring an enthusiastic and active approach to our voluntary Board of Directors. Applicants with expertise in the following areas are needed: Corporate Governance, Strategic Planning, Law, Finance, Real Estate, Fundraising, Advocacy, Outreach, Peer Support Groups & more.
Life-Skills, Inc., is a 501c3 accredited non-profit corporation providing a wide variety of services to individuals with intellectual/developmental, physical, and emotional disabilities throughout Central and Western Massachusetts.
Formerly known as Southern Worcester County Rehabilitation Center, Inc., we have served area citizens for over 45 years, and currently offer Residential, Day Habilitation and Community Based Day Support programs in Auburn, Dudley, Fitchburg, Gardner, Greenfield, Lancaster, Leominster, Shrewsbury, Southbridge,
Webster, Winchendon, and Worcester.
* Understand & support the organization’s mission, services, policies and programs.
* Help to promote & enhance Life-Skills, Inc. public profile and network within the business community.
* Ability to attend monthly board meetings.
* Support corporate fundraising activities through donations, participation and activism.
* Oversight, review, and approval of the policies and procedures of Life-Skills, Inc.
* Financial management, including adoption, oversight and approval of the annual budget.
* Actively recruit, orient, and train new board members.
* Term commitment: 3 years.
Expertise in the following areas are needed:
* Real Estate
* Corporate Governance, Strategic Planning
* Outreach, networking, peer support groups
Help lead our organization in planning, policy making, and developing financial and community support. You will get to network with other community members, gain experience in non-profit management, build leadership skills, and exercise your creativity while serving this unique population.
This is a great opportunity for professional development and personal growth. Community minded candidates interested in getting involved and helping to build a brighter future for adults with intellectual & developmental disabilities.
Please complete the application and forward to Mike Toomey, Board President at email@example.com.