Evaluates and treats adults with Intellectual and developmental disabilities with a focus on augmentative communication and Dysphagia.
- This position would cover our Day programs in Gardner, Fitchburg, & Greenfield
- Screens all day habilitation attendees for speech, language, hearing and swallowing difficulties on a yearly basis.
- Conducts formal Speech and Language evaluations, AAC evaluations, as well as clinical dysphagia exams and makes recommendations to team members, staff and families.
- Develops and documents therapeutic treatment recommendations for team members to carry out.
- May provide skilled therapy (individual and/or group) treatments per evaluation recommendations.
- Provides staff training as needed.
- Designs and fabricates low tech communication devices and displays.
- Obtains (i.e. through MassHealth), maintains, and programs high tech Speech Generating Devices.
- Must be licensed by the Massachusetts Board of Registration for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology and have a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Acceptable CORI and driving record background checks
Life-Skills, Inc., is an accredited non-profit corporation providing a wide variety of services to individuals with intellectual/developmental, physical, and emotional disabilities throughout Central and Western Massachusetts. It is the mission of Life-Skills, Inc. to provide person-centered supports, services, and advocacy for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and to actively assist them in the pursuit and achievement of their goals and interests while encouraging independence, personal growth, and self-determination to enhance their overall quality of life.
Life Skills Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO.) Life-Skills Inc. is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment where all employees feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other protected class. We’re committed to being nondiscriminatory and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement in all areas of our work. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Life-Skills’ mission is to ensure that each resident receives the same opportunities as everyone else. They need to reside in a home where caring and dedicated people can assist them to live a fulfilling life. This is why our employees choose to do the job they do.
The right person makes all the difference. If that’s you, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to travel to our programs in Gardner & Fitchburg?
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in SLP (Required)
- Speech Language Pathology License (Required)
Work Location: In person; travel required